Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Losing Love, Hold on Tight.

Last night I was lying in bed and someone in the hall was showering. It reminded me of when I was a kid.

I'd be laying awake in my bed waiting for my mom to finish showering so she could come say goodnight and I could finally sleep. I was at that young age where it wasn't awkward to say "I love you and let Dad know that I love him too." It makes me sad to think that I went through a phase where I stopped saying that I loved them, just because I felt like I had to grow up.

Now I've reached that age where I just can't help but tell the ones that I love how I feel about them. I tell them because I've experienced the feeling of losing someone I love. I guess that's why I'm holding on so tightly to my old love. I have this image in my mind where we were both happy to be talking to each other. And no matter how many times I tell myself how stupid it is to think this way, I can't help but hope deep down he is the same person. I don't want to accept that I broke things beyond repair, I don't want to lose my friend forever, and I don't want to cry myself to sleep because I know I can't do anything to fix this.

No comments: