Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love is simple.

Everybody uses somebody at one point or another. Eventually that person finds out and their heart is broken.

See. Love is simple. Either you both love each other equally or not at all.

I'd have to say that I've loved someone that I lost as soon as I decided to go away. You know that cliche saying: if you love someone, let them go? Well it proves to be true time and time again. If you're not going to let me grow, live my own life, then I'm not coming back; You never had me. But if you support the person you love and let them fly on their own, make their own mistakes, they'll fly back to you each and everyday because they find comfort in the arms that hold them - not constraint.

Throughout this mess, (an over dramatized mess at that) I've learned more about who I am and who I want to be by being told who I should be. In a relationship, there is a need for compromise. If your partner likes action movies and you just LOVE classics, suck it up and watch some mindless violence. But when you constantly feel the need to defend your actions and define yourself to the person that should love you, then compromise is out of the question. The single life is calling for you. It is a time to enjoy yourself because you are lovely and you should be able to love yourself in the simplest moments.

No comments: